Pageviews

February 19, 2013

VALENTINE’S DAY WITH MY JEALOUS MISTRESS



My heart was on fire. I sweat all over with the rhythmic movement of my body. My body was burning up on this Valentine’s Day with my jealous mistress.


The venue of the secret tryst was Nuvali, Sta. Rosa, Laguna and I was all alone with my jealous mistress in the late morning hours of February 14, 2013.

Lonely road of Nuvali
Lest you think of something else, allow me to clarify that I was out running alone in the roads of Nuvali from 8am to 12 noon.  Jealous mistress is what I refer to my love of running. To quote the world-renowned ultramarathon champion Scott Jurek, “Running is what I love.  Running is – to a large extent – who I am.” 

My shadow was the only witness to my date with the jealous mistress
Pray tell, why I was out running on the Day of Hearts. I was  running because I was cramming for my date with the Bataan Death March 102km Ultra scheduled for March  2 & 3. I missed the BDM test run last February 10 and I wanted to compensate by going on a  heat training run which I did by going around  twice on a 15-km loop in Nuvali.


Running is indeed like a jealous mistress. Treat her will and she will treat you well with a wonderfully tasting run experience come race time.  But if you ignore her, she can turn you faster than you can say “No cramps please.”

Running is a jealous mistress



       

No comments: