Pageviews

May 17, 2014

LOPEZ LINK May 2014 Issue: An Exultant Photo of BP’s Mayon 360 Inside


EmoticonAfter three days of my wife being in an out of the hospital, I was back in my Sucat office Friday. 

I was tired and sad. I could feel the pain and anxiety of my wife with the high cost of medical care  nowadays. But I digress.

Let us go back to the real subject of this article.

Waiting for me on the table in my office room was a sight that would bring joy to me. A desperate man would be extracting joy wherever he can. There on the table was the latest issue of the Lopez Link. And browsing thru the pages and reaching the wellness page was an article entitled “DE LIMA CONQUERS MAYON 360”(For the online version, please visit http://lopezlink.ph/lifelong-wellness/4863-de-lima-conquers-mayon-360.html) with an exultant photo to boot. The more apt word in the title would be “survives”. Nonetheless, it is a source of pride and joy to have my ultra running story in a newsletter being read  by my friends and co-workers in the Lopez group of companies. Not many know that the genesis of my passion for running can be traced to my earlier involvement in the Lopez wellness programs initiated by OML and RMA, particularly the  Walk the Talk and the occasional mountain treks. My consistent participation in these events gave me the confidence to go for more endurance-inducing activities. From walking and trekking, the evolution to running was just a skip and a hop away.   


 
A couple of positive possibilities with the write up and photo. Maybe the story can get to inspire a handful of kapamilyas to take up long distance running. After all, how hard can it be when even an overweight penguin of a runner can do ultra marathons. Maybe the story can  help me expand my base of generous colleagues come pledging time to fund the outreach activities for school children in remote public elementary schools in Bicol. Fund raising is always addition, never subtraction.

I know good things will come out of this. For this I have to thank the hard-working  editor, Ms. Rosan Cruz who is also into an active exercise lifestyle. She knows the wisdom of wellness first hand.

Maraming salamat po.  Dios mabalos.Emoticon

No comments: