Pageviews

July 7, 2013

RUNNR EYEWEAR: Good Deal at Php 59

EmoticonI am a sucker for bargains  and freebies.  

The Adam Smith in me can’t help but patronize  stores that come up with sales promos that entice consumers to part ways with their hard earned monies. It can even be argued that the BP stands for "bargain purchaser." Thus, when I saw the poster announcing the Runnr eyewear at Php 59, my cerebrum  clanged "BUY, BUY, BUY."


What a consumer needed to do to be able to avail of the privilege to buy a Php 1,200 running shades for only Php 59 was to procure Php 2,000 worth of Runnr goods. I figured out the running items I needed to buy anyway, with or without the inducement.   Presto, the purchase was made for Php 1,700 worth of running gels and the balance taken up by 2 pairs of running socks. These are running goodies I needed as I train for ultra marathons this year and the next.  




As I paid for the items and gazed into my running eyewear, I could just imagine  both my frontal and occipital lobes in harmonious bliss. Not only is the Runnr eyewear good and refreshing to look at, it made sense for me to have one when I  run given what I hear on the effects of sunlight on our vision.  As indicated in the website of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (http://www.epa.gov/), research has shown that UV radiation increases the likelihood of cataract, a form of eye damage in which a loss of transparency in the lens of the eye clouds vision. Other kinds of eye damage resulting form exposure to UV include pterygium (tissue growth that van block vision) and degeneration of the macula (the part of the retina where visual perception is most acute. These problems can be lessened with proper eye protection.  If you have lots of cash to spare, you can go for the Rudy Projects and Oakleys. But if you are like me, we can go for the Runnr.   
    
Thank you to the Runnr store for an excellently sensible promo.


No comments: