Pageviews

November 20, 2018

1 USI HALF MARATHON: Why Do We Run?


The St. Catherine Laboure School HS Batch 1994 successfully organized the 1 USI Half Marathon which was held last Nov 11 in the Municipality of Pili in Camarines Sur.  Race organizers led by Dr. Gilbert Balid showed great enthusiasm in making happen the very first half marathon fund raising event in school history.


According to Race Director Cyrus Nacario, there were 94 registered runners for the 21km race with 93 runners officially crossing the finish line.  It is from these intrepid group of half marathoners that we get to ask an all-important existential question - "Why do we run?"

The runners did not disappoint and here are their symphony of answers:
    
Emm:  I Run to inspire Everyone to Not just be an ordinary person they want. 

Rovi:  Run for health,  I don't want to take maintenance medications when I'm at my 60's so I am running at my 30's to maintain fitness all throughout my lifetime. Will be running even if I'm old and grey.
Tintin:  I run because in running there is inner peace. 
Pines:  Running is a new and surprising chapter of my life.  It is to have a new path I never knew I can tread (or run in)!

Brando:  Mahal ko ang pagtakbo.

Renson:  Para maipakita sa tao na hindi hadlang ang binigay ni Lord sa bawat tao at maging masaya sa buhay na binigay niya. 
Bon: I run to challenge myself.
Hazel:  I run because I want to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Dante:  I run because I believe I can fly. 
Myla:  I run to add life to my days. 
Rumel:  I run for self-motivation

Jett:  I run for overall well-being. 
Lhara:  I run because it's so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can't. But then you find your inner strength , and realize you're capable of so much more than you thought... And I thank you. 
Kevin:  I run because it makes me feel good, physically fit and also to be an example to others. 

Wilmor:  To run is to run away from illnesses. To run is to chase good health condition. 
Anne:  For me, running is a passion.  It is not  a race nor to compete to anybody but to yourself.  Nor a torture just like to other people say.  This is tp stay fit and healthy. Self-fulfillment.  
Benedick:  I run for health and for bonding with my wife. 
Gracito:  Running has changed my life. It has become a way of fulfillment. 
Bicolano Penguin:  Why do we run?  Because we can and we will. No ifs. No buts. No excuses. 
Doc Gilbert:  To have a healthy body and strong mind.
The answer of Doc Gilbert the question - Why do we run? could easily have been "We run to serve." And this would have clearly been an apt ending to our story.  For after all, the main agenda on the part the race organizers (SCLS Batc 94) was to raise funds thru a running event so as to continue their passion for serving the community.

How about you ladies and gents?  Why do you run? Bakit ka tumatakbo? Taano ka nadalagan? Nganu man ka nidagan?  Apay agtaray ka?  Ngano kay nagdadalagan ka?  Ngaa ga dalagan ka? Let me know. 





     

No comments: