Pageviews

February 20, 2019

ATENEO DE NAGA HS BATCH 1983 35TH BATCH REUNION: Remembrance of Things Past


Blogger's Note:  This short piece is written by fellow 83nean Dan Espiritu. It is actually a message from him after I shared the blog article about our 35th batch reunion last Dec 28. Touched by its depth and sincerity, I asked permission from Dan, who was the editor of our school paper back in the days,  to share it in my blog. Ever the gentleman, Dan  replied "yes, of course."   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was particularly elated and amused to see classmates and teachers I've not seen in what seemed like a lifetime. The feeling was almost surreal, though delightful at that. Remembrance of things past  came rushing through my mind as the reunion progressed that night, stupefying my senses as I tried to stay in the present and absorb what was unfolding before me, while at the same time scrambling to connect them to the spontaneous deluge of image of what virtually seemed like an earlier reincarnation.
Joining classmates and teachers in the Holy Mass.  

With former CAT commandant.  

It was amazing how we changed through the years and yet remained somehow the same. Middle-aged men, now most saddled with positions of responsibility, became innocent and care-free adolescents once again! It was a tableau straight right out of a Rae Bradbury story!
Participating in the parlor games.  
Group picture of Ateneo de Naga HS Batch 1983 at the 35th Batch Reunion.  
I hope we will have another opportunity to again meet en masse before many of us gradually fade away and finally bid adieu...to the world...which we all finally will.


No comments: