Pageviews

January 23, 2012

A NEW PAIR OF ASICS CUMULUS 13

I am in Cloud 9 these days.  Last Sunday (January 15), after my BDM 50-km “test” run, my wife, Marianne, bought me a gift --- a Christmas gift:  A new pair of Asics Cumulus 13.

My new pair of Asics Cumulus 13



Actually, she has been trying to bring me to a running store since November of last year so that she can buy me a Christmas gift but I have been postponing such a visit for I kind of expected that running shoes purchased after the Christmas month would be enjoying a discount.   

With my wife, Marianne

She purchased it from the Riovana store in Bonifacio High Street (the Frontrunner Magazine, December 2011 edition has a cover story on the new business venture of running superstar and fellow Rinconada native  Rio Dela Cruz).  The store attendant gave a 20% discount on the purchase. It feels good to have an expectation realized. 


This is my 5th pair of Asics Cumulus.  I have 3 pairs of Cumulus 12 and now 2 pairs of Cumulus 13.


One thing about man is that he is loyal to something that makes him very happy. Since my first purchase of a Cumulus last January 2011, I have been running with it almost exclusively. And what a joy indeed to run wearing a pair of Cumulus! 


Its generous cushioning makes running long distances seemingly a walk among the clouds.    It uses GEL in the heel  and the forefoot for cushioning. The Solyte midsole provides lightweight cushioning. The Impact Guidance System and Space Trusstic  System in the midsole and the arch offer stability and gait optimization.  The insole of the Cumulus 13 has a technology called the ComforDry insole.  This insole is padded so it’s comfortable for me to run in, but it also has anti-microbial properties which help to get rid of bacteria and keep the inside of my  running shoes healthy.   

GEL cushioning in the heel and ...

...forefoot

Fish eye view of the outsoles


The new running pair of Cumulus 13 that my wife bought has the bright orange color scheme.  This is a practical choice considering that I plan to wear this new pair in 2 upcoming long distance running events starting in the dark hours of the night :  Condura Skyway Marathon (42 kms)  and the Bataan Death March Ultramarathon (102 kms).


Thank you very much to my wife, Marianne, for this special gift.  It is said that the way to a man’s heart is thru his stomach.  Not this man and many more running men.  It is below the stomach.


The way to a running man’s heart is thru his feet.  Cradle  the feet with a comfortable pair of running shoes and you have a grateful  man on the run for fun.      We do indeed like being cradled.  

2 comments:

ernie said...

wow! nice shoes sir vic. can't wait to see it in action. good luck!

BP said...

Thank you Ernie. I got to run with it for the first time today at the Ateneo campus.