Pageviews

May 7, 2013

2013 MAYON 360 ULTRA: Delivering the Pledge Proceeds


Friday is a favorite day. It is the dawn of the weekend which embodies fun, play and rest. That is why we have the universal saying "Thank God It’s Friday."


Handing over the cash and cheques to Sr. Felicitas

The Friday that just passed was a truly special day for me. May 3 is the day I was able to go to my hometown of Iriga City in Bicol to deliver the money that I have collected from the generous and kind friends and officemates who made financial pledges for my successful conquest (more like "survival") of the Mayon 360 Ultra Marathon last April 3, 2013  (http://www.bicolanopenguin.blogspot.com/2013/04/2013-mayon-360-ultra-running-on-empty.html#more). 


The beneficiary for my fund raising is the Foundation of Our Lady of Fatima Center for Human Development located at San Agustin, Iriga City.  It is administered by the Daughters of Saint Agustin (DSA) and cares for 125 orphaned and abandoned children. (For more about the orphanage, kindly refer to my article last year http://www.bicolanopenguin.blogspot.com/2012/06/2012-happy-fathers-day.html#more).

The money (in cash and bank cheques) that I turned over to orphanage last Friday amounted to Php 30,800.   These monies will help the Foundation make some improvements on the facility which houses the children. I still have to collect a few more thousand pesos and when I do I will utilize them to buy slippers for all 125 kids.   

Thank You card and official receipt
   
I would have wanted to name all 12 of my friends, classmates and officemates who made the pledges   but a few have requested anonymity which I am bound to respect.  Thank you very much to all of them for giving me the double joy of "runner’s high" and "helper’s high." 

Maraming salamat. Dios mabalos.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Running for a cause! Good one! God bless you Macky!

BP said...

Thank you for the kind words.