Pageviews

March 28, 2020

TBR Dream Marathon 2020: " No Pain, No Gain" Learning for Mike



Blogger's Note:

For  the Bull Runner Sun Life Dream Marathon 2020, there were 13 First Balfour employees who registered. Of the total, 10 were able to actually start and finish the 42km running event at the Clark Parade Grounds in Pampanga.  All 10 were requested by the Bicolano Penguin to answer 3 questions related to their first experience of a full marathon.  Another Bicolano among the 2020 dreamers of First Balfour, Mike Banta (Bib# 0121) is a Mechanical Engineer product of the Sorsogon State College in Sorsogon City.  Assigned  in Operations of the T1 Rentals business of First Balfour, Mike proved to be a hard worker in the training runs leading to D-Day in Feb 16.  He rarely missed group runs.  His finish time of 7:17:45, while modest, is something that he will be able to improve on in the coming marathons he will be joining.  No doubt, his first bite of the full mary apple  will trigger his wanderlust for more. Here is Mike's reply to the 3 questions:      

1. Why join the TBR Dream Marathon?

It never crossed my mind to join a marathon, until my colleague invited me to do TBR Dream Marathon. It encourages me to do something extraordinary, and this is to run 42kms. From the moment I said "YES I'LL JOIN", many questions came across my mind such as How would I do it?  Can I do it? Do I really need to do it? Those were the questions that helped me keep my desire burning to conquer the TBR Dream Marathon. Also, doing this marathon could help me measure my strength and endurance, how far and long could I take the pain and suffering. 

Thank you First Balfour for the free marathon and opportunity. Wala nang mas sasarap pa sa LIBRE at sa alagang First Balfour. 

2.  What was the experience like training and running your first full marathon?

Indeed  VERY CHALLENGING!  Knowing that I am a first timer and never done any long run. It was really hard and challenging that I need to run 5kms, 10kms, 21kms and 32kms. But it really helped me develop my running  attitude.  During those training runs, I experienced cramps, chest pain, fatigue but it was all worth it.  Thanks to my determined batcmates, expert trainers and supportive coach (Sir Macky), they really inspired me to run and run and run until I reach the finish line. 
First Balfour runners relaxing after an easy run in UP Diliman a week before D-Day at the Clark Parade Grounds.   
Reaching the 42.195km line feels like passing the licensure examinations, all the pains, hard work and challenges during training paid off. Finally, I am proud to say "I am a MARATHONER." 

Another rough journey has ended and it gives me a lot of learning in life:  (1) If you have a goal in life, no matter what you're going through, never quit!; (2) No Pain, No Gain; (3) Success is sweeter when shared with others; (4) Trust yourself as you trust Him, nothing is impossible through Him. 
Staying grounded, Mike gives glory to HIM up above.  

3.  Would you recommend the TBR Dream Marathon to your loved ones and friends?

Yes, I will. I want them to feel what I feel and call them, MARATHONERS!

The DREAMER is now a MARATHONER. 
  
Success is indeed sweeter for Mike when shared with his fellow 2020 dreamers in First Balfour.











Photo credits:  TBR Dream Marathon


No comments: