Pageviews

December 14, 2012

MY 2ND PENGUIN



Christmas is a time of giving, and receiving. 

Lately, I am blessed to have been the recipient of many  fabulous gifts. Among the top in the list is a penguin stuffed toy. A Super Penguin, to be exact, complete with cape and mask.  


This is my 2nd Penguin. The first one I received last January 2013 (http://www.bicolanopenguin.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-penguin.html#more ).  

Both come from senders who wish to remain anonymous and mysterious. Both are cute.  Both are better looking and more cuddly than the original BP.

I actually have not seen a live penguin in action in the wild. I googled and got to read on the penguin’s endearing qualities. Here are a couple of entries from the internet:



   1."The word that first comes to my mind when someone mentions penguin is "cute." This bird's humanlike qualities are endearing as it waddles upright, vocalizes and waves its armlike flippers expressively. These large birds look clumsy on land, but when they're in water they are strong and agile swimmers."

2."Of course they are cute as anything. Come to think of it, the parents are cute too, but in a different way. Penguins are one of those creatures that are just totally fascinating to watch. They have all sorts of interesting behaviors, and the fact that they walk on two feet makes them hilarious. You would think they would be awkward on their feet, but they do surprisingly well, hoping and walking on the rocks...They kept their eyes on me, but they do not seem particularly afraid of humans.This is another one of their endearing qualities."


Many thanks to the giver(s) of these penguin stuffed toys whose eyes are always on me in my office. 

They make me smile when I am blue.  They make me want to run when it is due.   



No comments: